Changing the low beam bulb in your Tesla Roadster does not necessarily require a trip to the service center. The process is not too different than changing a headlight bulb in a standard car, and requires only a screwdriver and a 60 watt HB3A bulb.
- Pop the hood using the lever under the steering wheel and and secure the hood-stay.
- Unscrew the two bolts attaching the plastic headlight access panel to the car.
- Grip the bulb holder and rotate it 60° counter-clockwise and pull the bulb from the headlight unit.
- Disconnect the electrical connection from the rear of the bulb unit by pinching the plastic tab and pulling.
- Unscrew the old bulb and replace it the with new one, ideally wearing rubber gloves to prevent any oil from your skin getting on the bulb, which can shorten its life.
- Repeat the above steps in reverse ensuring everything is firmly mounted back in place.